WEIRD FACT: Strawberries, as you know them, are not actual berries.
According to botanists, a ‘berry’ is a fleshy fruit produced from a single ovary. Strawberries, however, are an example of an “aggregate fruit”, forming from a flower that has many ovaries. After pollination, each “ovary” eventually develops and ripens into a strawberry.
The way we use ‘berry’ traditionally, is for any teeny, tiny edible fruit, but that’s not so. In fact, according to the definition bananas, tomatoes, and watermelons are all considered berries.
Moving to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches…. - POTUSA (see video below)
- 1/2 cup skimmed soy milk (you can also use skim milk, almond milk, or 1/3 cup of greek yogurt)
- 1/2 a frozen banana, chopped.
- 1 medium peach, pitted, skinned & chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp flaxseed, chia seeds, or whey protein (protein if after a workout).
- 1-2 ice cubes (add after or while blending)
Blend it all together. Bam.
Nutritional Information: 1.5 g fat, 170 cal, 3.7g fiber, 29g carbohydrate (*will change with different milk base - this is for skimmed soy)
Mmmmm… doesn’t that look yummy?
Grilled fruit is a fancy way to keep BBQ time healthy, delicious & fun. You can use them in desserts, as a side or as a part of a main course, sky’s the limit.
Because grilling fruit is different than grilling veggies or grilling meat, here are a few tips that will help you keep it yummy, healthy & as easy as possible. PLUS 2 of my favorite fruit recipes that are both easy and yummy.