As you know, I’m an avid dancing enthusiast. While I prefer shows like So You Think You Can Dance & America’s Best Dance Crew, I think promoting dance anywhere is an awesome way to bring more and more people to the floor. More people dancing, means more dance partners. It’s not just about promoting fitness… I’m all selfish on this one. :)
I’m SO excited about this season! For more reasons than one!
Soccer star Hope Solo, will be joining 11 other contestants on this year’s season. Hadn’t heard of her really, until she shuffled her way onto my iPhone. I’ve been using the Nike Training App on and off for the last month or two, and Hope’s workout was just released. It’s sick! Lots of soccer drills & challenges that can whip anyone’s butt. In terms of dancing, she’s got quick feet (agility), a conditioned core (strength) and flexibility. That, and she’s not bad to look at either. Hoping HOPE does well! :) Go bad ass girls!
The other BIG news, is that this year’s show has it’s first transgender contestant in Chaz Bono! Yay! Progressive, exciting, and fingers crossed he can dance. Wonder who his partner will be (kinda hoping for Chelsea Hightower. I can see it).
Here are the other celebs rounding out the list (and how I feel about them). 1. Nancy Grace - She’s known for her passion and strong point of view on her HLN show. But on the next season of “Dancing with the Stars,” Nancy Grace will unleash her quickstep and her tango.
Ugh…Kinda hoping for a few embarrassing (but not painful) falls for Nancy. Hopefully she’ll allow the judges to talk long enough to score her, and won’t stay long on the show. Just not a fan of hers.
2. David Arquette – The eccentric actor hopes to place the Mirrorball on his trophy case next to the WCW World Heavyweight Championship title belt he inexplicably won in 2000.
Oh… I like this. I LIKE this! What can I say, I think he might benefit from some personal growth and I’d love to see him stay on awhile. I think this is good for his image, but also good for HIM. Don’t be a goober, put the effort in! Go David go!
3. Chaz Bono – The actor, writer and activist was a contestant on VH1’s “Celebrity Fit Club” in 2008.
THIS IS HUGE! The first transgender contestant on DWTS. I don’t care if he can dance, just excited to see him on the floor… and hopefully Cher makes it to the audience a few times.
GO CHAZ! This is groundbreaking.
4. Carson Kressley – The stylist and TV personality served as “fashion savant” on Bravo’s “Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.”
I don’t know why I can’t stop laughing. I’m sure he’ll look fierce as hell, but I just can’t SEE him dancing. Carson, if you surprise me and can hold down a cha-cha, I’ll give you all the props you deserve. Don’t look prettier than your partner. Well, not TOO much prettier.
5. J.R. Martinez – The retired soldier and motivational speaker has played Brot Monroe on “All My Children” since 2008.
No idea who he is. Let me google… hang on…. Oh, my. Wow. Okay, my heart just broke a little. Whew…
My hat’s off to you sir. Good luck. I think you might make me cry on the show and I love that.
6. Ron Artest – Of course, the controversial basketball star could be competing as “Metta World Peace” if his name change gets approved before or during the tournament.
Honestly, anyone ballsy enough to change his name to Metta World Peace? I like you.
7. Rob Kardashian – Will the reality TV star do better than sister Kim, who finished 11th in the fall 2008 season of “Dancing”?
8. Chynna Phillips – The singer hopes to hold on for more than just one day on the dance floor.
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make her dance to ‘Hold On’. I LOVE that song. Please.
9. Elisabetta Canalis – The Italian actress and TV host is best known to U.S. audiences for her two-year relationship with George Clooney, which came to an end earlier this year.
She survived the Clooney. I kinda like her. Don’t know much else about her, but post-breakup televised, glory dancing moments are awesome. Hoping she does well. She’s got my girl on girl support!
10. Hope Solo – The U.S. women’s World Cup soccer goalkeeper could join the long list of athletes who’ve had success on the “Dancing” floor.
YES. See above. Bad Ass girls represent!
11. Kristin Cavallari – The “Hills” star hopes her run on “Dancing” lasts longer than her hosting gig on “Get the Party Started,” which lasted all of two weeks on UPN in 2006.
12. Ricki Lake – The actress and talk show host might be preparing for her first dance at her wedding reception. Lake announced her engagement to jewelry designer Christian Evans earlier this month.
Oh, I love Ricki! Got a personality crush on her for sure. Hoping she does really, really well and stays in. I have a feeling she could surprise us. She’s a great actress, really warm & funny and I can see her killing it performance wise. Go Ricki,Go Ricki, Go Ricki!
What do you think of this season’s “Dancing” stars?